Noticed some worrying indications such as doors that won’t close properly or cracks in your drywall? These could be warnings of a sinking foundation, an issue that requires immediate intervention.
At Foundation Recovery Systems, we specialize in diagnosing and offering long-lasting solutions for foundation sinking problems. Leveraging top-of-the-line products and seasoned expertise, we aim to safeguard your most valuable asset—your home.
What Is a Sinking Foundation?
A sinking foundation happens when your foundation settles into the earth in an uneven manner. This irregular settlement, known as differential settlement, occurs when the soil supporting your foundation fails to bear the building’s weight uniformly.
What Causes a Sinking Foundation?
Several factors contribute to foundation sinking:
- Soil Moisture: Fluctuations in soil moisture cause the ground to expand and shrink, forming gaps beneath your foundation.
- Drainage Issues: Poor water runoff destabilizes the soil support, affecting your foundation.
- Inadequate Soil Compaction: Soil that hasn’t been properly packed can give way under your home’s weight.
- Reactive Clay: Certain soils, called expansive clay soil, swell when wet and shrink when dry, leading to a cycle that strains your foundation.
- Proximity to Trees: Tree roots can leach moisture from the ground and even break into your foundation if too close.
Can You Fix a Sinking Foundation?
Absolutely! A sinking foundation is repairable, but it’s crucial to approach it with the right expertise and tools.
Fixing a sinking foundation is not a casual home improvement task; it’s a complex structural issue requiring specialized knowledge and professional installation. That’s why it’s imperative to consult experts in the field for a thorough inspection and long-lasting repair solutions.
How to Repair a Sinking Foundation
To address the root cause of foundation settlement, Foundation Recovery Systems employs foundation piers that reach stable soil or bedrock. These piers help redistribute your home’s weight away from unstable areas.
We offer a variety of foundation pier options to remedy sinking foundations:
- Push piers are driven deep into the ground by heavy machinery.
- Helical piers screw into the earth to support your home.
- Slab piers attach beneath sinking concrete slabs.
Why Address Sinking Foundations Now?
The longer you delay, the worse your foundation sinking problems can become. Reasons to act now include:
- Prevent escalating costs from future structural damage
- Reinstate your home’s structural soundness and safety
- Halt the expansion of cracks and avoid more uneven settling
- Fix the issues with sticky doors and windows
- Enhance your home’s stability before selling
Don’t hesitate—reach out to Foundation Recovery Systems for a free inspection and estimate to regain your peace of mind.
Contact Foundation Recovery Systems for Sinking Foundation Solutions
If you think your foundation may be sinking, don’t wait. Get in touch with Foundation Recovery Systems. Our experienced professionals will thoroughly evaluate your foundation and propose enduring fixes.
We understand that the idea of foundation repairs can be daunting. That’s why we offer flexible payment options to alleviateyour financial worries as well as your foundation issues.
With over 30 years in the business, we have the know-how to precisely identify and effectively treat any foundation problem.
Schedule your free inspection and estimate with us today!
Yes, expansive clay soils and loose sandy soils are particularly susceptible to causing foundation issues due to their tendency to expand or shift with moisture levels.
If you notice signs like cracks in your walls, uneven floors, or doors and windows that don’t open or close properly, it’s advisable to seek professional help immediately to assess whether your foundation is sinking.
DIY methods are generally not recommended for something as critical as a sinking foundation. It’s a job for professionals with specialized equipment and expertise.