Bugs In Crawl Space
A clear sign of moisture issues in your crawl space is the infestation of bugs and pests. They love to live in damp, dark places, which makes your basement or crawl space the perfect environment for them to live in.Schedule Free Inspection
A clear sign of moisture issues in your basement or crawl space is the infestation of bugs and pests. They love to live in damp, dark places, which makes your basement or crawl space the perfect environment for them to live in.
Temporary solutions can help get rid of the pests, but unfortunately they’ll keep coming back as long as there is moisture. To get rid of the pest problem completely, you must turn your basement into a clean, dry space to make it an inhospitable environment for pests.
If you’re starting to notice a lot of unwanted visitors, it might be time to check your humidity levels and take care of any moisture issues. Although the bug and pest problem may be a nuisance in itself, there could also be larger waterproofing issues that may need to be addressed.
If you’d like an expert opinion, we offer free inspections to residents throughout all of central Missouri and Eastern Kansas, including Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia, Moberly, and Springfield. Contact us today!
The best way to get rid of bugs in your basement or crawlspace is to first solve your moisture issue. We offer the following services to dry up your basement or crawl space and keep unwanted pests out:
- Sump Pump systems: Prevent water from entering your basement or crawl space with a sump pump. These work to pump out any water from your foundation, keeping it dry all the time.
- Crawl space encapsulation: After waterproofing your crawl space, encapsulate it to seal out all dirt, vents, windows, and moisture and to give your crawl space a clean, finished look. This will also provide a FAR less than ideal climate for bugs or critters, as it will create an undesirable and unsurvivable ecosystem.
- Foundation crack repairs: Prevent water from entering your basement by fixing any cracks in your foundation, leaving your basement dry and non-hospitable to bugs. Cracks also serve as an often-surefire symptom of foundation failure, and these issues can escalate quickly. So, if you see cracks in your foundation, make sure to address them with reliable repair solutions that will shore up your walls and keep pests out.
- Drain systems: With excess rainfall, make sure you are channeling the water appropriately away from your home’s foundation with a proper drain system.
- Wall moisture barriers: Keep moisture out with high-quality wall panels. These will also help insulate your basement and keep energy cost more efficient.
- Dehumidifiers: Once your basement or crawl space has been waterproofed, install a dehumidifier to keep the air dry and healthy.
Dedicated to your home. Dedicated to you.
All of these services help create a dry environment with no moisture on the ground, walls, or in the air. Once dry, bugs will no longer find a desirable, or a survivable place to live and will stay away. Call Foundation Recovery Systems today to learn how to make your basement or crawl space dry, healthy, and bug-free. We’ve been helping homeowners solve their problems since 1992.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
2064 N Woodford St.
Decatur, IL 62526
2401 SE Creekview Dr.
Ankeny, IA 50021
7280 NW 87th Terrace, Suite C-210
Kansas City, MO 64153
211 SE State Route 150
Lee's Summit, MO 64082
Moberly, MO 65270
Springfield, MO 65803
1625 Larkin Williams rd.
Fenton, MO 63026