Our CrawlSeal™ Vapor Barrier System is a great way to completely transform your crawl space. A lot of crawl spaces are left unkempt and have some degree of moisture, mold, or pest issues that need to be taken care of. A vapor barrier system quickly cleans and brightens your crawl space and transforms it into a healthy space.
To request a free crawl space vapor barrier or encapsulation inspection, click the button below! We serve customers throughout all of central Missouri and Eastern Kansas, including Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia, Moberly, and Springfield.
Crawl Space Vapor Barrier Installation Steps:
- Install Airtight Doors & Vent Covers: Sealing your crawl space doors and vents stop the cycle of cold, humidity and moisture entering from the outside air. However, water can still enter your crawlspace in many ways.
- Remove Any Standing Water Sources: The next step is to eliminate any sources of flooding in your crawl space by installing a crawl space drain and sump pump system. This eliminates flooding water from your crawl space, but moisture can still enter directly through the concrete and floor in the form of water vapor. Have an effective crawl space water vapor system is the best way to prevent this.
- Repair the Structure: If your crawl space is sagging or damaged by prolonged mold and rot, the next step is to install crawl space support jacks to help restore your structure. This will help your floors stay even and stop any structural sagging upstairs.
- Encapsulate & Insulate the Crawl Space: To stop moisture from passing through your floors and porous concrete walls, a crawl space liner should be installed to completely encapsulate the crawl space. A durable liner allows for servicemen to use the space without damage while transforming your crawl space into usable storage space. This is also the best time to install crawl space insulation on your walls or floors.
- Install A Dehumidifier: Installing an energy efficient, self-draining crawl space dehumidifier will keep your space dry. Our crawl space dehumidifier system includes a filter that removes particles from the air as small as 2 microns. In conjunction with a crawl space liner or vapor barrier, a dehumidifier ensures that your crawl space is protected from mold, dust mites, and mildew damage permanently!
Advantages of our CrawlSeal™ System
The CrawlSeal™ Vapor Barrier provides several different benefits to make the crawl space healthier and low-maintenance for the homeowner:
- Keep out moisture, mold, and pests
- Fast, clean installation
- Patented, warrantied products
- Save money on utility bills
- Gain storage space
Our crawl space vapor barrier contractors are professionally certified in order to help protect your home. Contact Foundation Recovery Systems today for more information on crawl space vapor barriers, crawl space liners, and crawl space moisture barriers.
View more Crawl Space Repair Solutions