Structural problems in your crawl space could lead to disruptive issues inside your home. The floor joists in your crawl space that support your floors can become weak over time from moisture or other issues and can compromise its structural integrity. As a result, you could be experiencing sinking floors inside your home.
Floor joists can become weak from:
- Too much space between support columns – Cinderblock columns can cause for very weak structural support of your home above
- Too much moisture in the crawl space causing the wood to rot – This works similarly to once-dry firewood being over-exposed to rain
- Weak soil or poor footing causing the columns to settle
Although it may seem subtle at first, these weak floor joists can start to bend or bow and result in sinking floors inside your home, as well as interior wall cracks stemming from the corners of doors or windows.
Get your house back in shape with help from the experts at Foundation Recovery Systems. We’ve been helping customers solve their problems since 1992. We offer free inspections throughout all of central Missouri and Eastern Kansas, including Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia, Moberly, and Springfield.
Crawl Space Support
Lift your sinking floors back into place with our crawl space support posts. These posts will lift your floors back into place and regain the structural integrity of your crawl space.
We use our patented IntelliJack™ steel stabilization and joist leveling system to permanently stabilize your crawl space joists and prevent future sagging or sinking floors within your home.
Benefits of the IntelliJack™ system:
- Engineer-Designed and Tested
- Each jack has an allowable load capacity of more than 24,000 pounds
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Can be installed in limited access areas
- The ONLY crawl space support jack that adequately addresses the culprit of settlement, the soil
Let our crawl space experts helpSchedule Free Estimate
View more crawl space problem signs