Floors are expected to hold up the weight of a home reliably. But when you notice your floors dipping or sagging, it’s a clear sign of deeper structural problems.
These issues often originate from the crawl space beneath your home, where moisture or pest problems can wreak havoc. At Foundation Recovery Systems, we understand the urgency of these issues for homeowners and offer comprehensive crawl space repair services to tackle these challenges head-on.
Our SettleStop™ IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks are built to last, ensuring your home rests on a firm foundation.
This guide will help you recognize the causes and signs of sagging floors, understand why timely repair is crucial, and how Foundation Recovery Systems is equipped to help.
What Are Sagging Floors?
When you walk across your home and feel dips or slopes underfoot, you’re experiencing sagging floors. This happens when the floor joists beneath the subfloor are stressed beyond their limits, leading to a compromised structure.
Not only do sagging floors disrupt the look of your home, but they create noise, tripping hazards, and can cause furniture to sit unevenly. They’re an unsightly and unsafe structural fault that needs immediate attention.
Signs that you might have sagging floors include:
- Moving furniture
- A “bouncy” feeling when walking
- Visible cracks in walls or ceilings
- Difficulty operating windows and doors
- An increase in indoor humidity
- A persistent musty smell
In the most severe cases, floors can even separate from their support beams. Since sagging floors can signify serious foundation issues, it’s imperative to get professional help at the first sign of trouble.
What Causes Sagging Floors?
Sagging floors can be caused by a variety of issues:
- Moisture: Excess water in the crawl space can cause wooden structures to rot and warp.
- Pests: Wood-damaging insects like termites and ants can destroy floor joists and the subfloor.
- Floor Joist Spacing: If joists are too far apart, they may not support the floor adequately.
- Installation Problems: Incorrectly installed floor joists will likely lead to sagging.
- Foundation Shifts: Movement in the foundation can misalign the floor joists.
- Natural Aging: Floors can sag due to the natural deterioration over time.
Identifying and resolving the root cause of sagging floors with professional help is crucial for an effective solution.
Can You Fix Sagging Floors?
Yes. Sagging floors can be repaired, but a proper fix requires professional expertise and the highest quality materials.
DIY fixes or makeshift solutions often fail to solve the problem permanently. Entering a crawl space can be dangerous without the proper know-how and equipment, which is why it’s best to leave repairs to the professionals.
Foundation Recovery Systems provides customized solutions that address both the symptoms and the source of sagging floors, ensuring the safety and longevity of your home’s structure.
How We Fix Sagging Floors
Our approach to fixing sagging floors includes:
- Comprehensive crawl space inspection.
- Identifying the underlying causes and planning the necessary repairs.
- Installing IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks for robust floor support.
- Customizing jacks to fit your crawl space precisely.
- Adjusting the jacks to restore the floor to the proper level.
Our IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks can support hefty loads and are designed to meet the industry’s most rigorous standards, providing your home with a secure structural base. These jacks are also adjustable, allowing for future realignment to maintain floor levelness.
At Foundation Recovery Systems, we focus on permanent solutions, ensuring that our repairs stand the test of time.
Why Address Sagging Floors Now
Acting swiftly on sagging floors is critical for several reasons:
- Preventing Further Damage: Prompt measures can halt the progression of damage and prevent additional complications, like structural fractures or malfunctioning doors and windows.
- Avoiding Costly Repairs: Postponing repairs can result in more elaborate and expensive fixes, possibly requiring the total replacement of floors.
- Ensuring Safety: Repairing sagging floors can reduce the risk of trips and falls for family members and visitors.
- Preserving Home Value: A home with a sound structure maintains its market worth and aesthetic value, safeguarding your investment.
Don’t hesitate—contact Foundation Recovery Systems today. Our advanced solutions will solidify your home’s foundation and restore your floors to a firm, level condition. Investing in your home now protects your most valuable asset.
Contact Foundation Recovery Systems for Reliable Sagging Floor Solutions
If you’ve noticed the telltale signs of sagging floors, it’s time to seek expert assistance. Foundation Recovery Systems is ready to provide the specialized support your home requires.
Our team employs a comprehensive strategy to stabilize your floors and address the root cause. With our proprietary crawl space jacks and comprehensive services, we ensure a durable repair.
Experience our outstanding service. Contact us today to arrange a free inspection and obtain an estimate.
While the degree of damage dictates the repair strategy, it’s often possible to amend sagging floors using appropriate reinforcing techniques, like Foundation Recovery Systems’ IntelliJack™ Crawl Space Jacks, as determined during a free inspection.
Repair time can vary based on the damage severity and the extent of repairs needed. Foundation Recovery Systems’ team works efficiently to fix your floors promptly, minimizing any inconvenience. For a detailed timeline, consider arranging a free inspection for a tailored estimate.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
2064 N Woodford St.
Decatur, IL 62526
2401 SE Creekview Dr.
Ankeny, IA 50021
7280 NW 87th Terrace, Suite C-210
Kansas City, MO 64153
211 SE State Route 150
Lee's Summit, MO 64082
Moberly, MO 65270
Springfield, MO 65803
1625 Larkin Williams rd.
Fenton, MO 63026