Pests In Basement
The best way to get rid of bugs in your basement or crawl space is to resolve your moisture or high humidity issue.Schedule Free Inspection
Your basement is a breeding grounds for bugs, rodents, amphibians, reptiles and other pests. They love to live in dark, damp spaces. Common critters in these environments include roly-polies, millipedes, centipedes, cockroaches, ants, silverfish, mice, rats, frogs, and snakes.
It’s not uncommon to find these critters in your basement, but if you notice an increase in the number of pests, it could be a sign of moisture issues. As your basement becomes more moist or humid, it attracts more unwanted pests. Unfortunately, the problem doesn’t stop there. If you notice an increasing number of bugs in your basement, chances are they may work their way into your house as well.
The best way to get rid of bugs in your basement or crawl space is to resolve your moisture or high humidity issue. Foundation Recovery Systems offers the following services to permanently waterproof your basement or crawl space, eliminate critters, and transform your foundation and home into dry, healthy, usable space.
All of these services create a dry environment with no moisture on the ground, walls, or in the air, which eliminates an environment conducive to insect survival or infestation. Call Foundation Recovery Systems today to keep your basement bug-free.
- Sump Pump systems: Prevent water from entering your basement or crawl space with a sump pump. These work to pump out any water from your foundation, keeping it dry all the time.
- Crawl space encapsulation: After waterproofing your crawl space, encapsulate it to seal out all dirt, vents, windows, and moisture and to give your crawl space a clean, finished look. This will also provide a FAR less than ideal climate for bugs or critters, as it will create an undesirable and unsurvivable ecosystem.
- Foundation crack repairs: Prevent water from entering your basement by fixing any cracks in your foundation, leaving your basement dry and non-hospitable to bugs. Cracks also serve as an often-surefire symptom of foundation failure, and these issues can escalate quickly. So, if you see cracks in your foundation
- Drain systems: With excess rainfall, make sure you are channeling the water appropriately away from your home’s foundation with a proper drain system.
- Wall moisture barriers: Keep moisture out with high-quality wall panels. These will also help insulate your basement and keep energy cost more efficient.
- Dehumidifiers: Once your basement or crawl space has been waterproofed, install a dehumidifier to keep the air dry and healthy.
Last Modified Date:
Explore more problem signs
2064 N Woodford St.
Decatur, IL 62526
2401 SE Creekview Dr.
Ankeny, IA 50021
7280 NW 87th Terrace, Suite C-210
Kansas City, MO 64153
211 SE State Route 150
Lee's Summit, MO 64082
Moberly, MO 65270
Springfield, MO 65803
1625 Larkin Williams rd.
Fenton, MO 63026