Concrete Lifting and Leveling
When concrete slabs crack and sink due to soil compaction or wash-out, they not only turn your once-new driveway, patio, pool deck or sidewalk into an eyesore, they can also create potentially dangerous tripping hazards. So, what’s the best approach to fixing cracked and sunken concrete?
The Polylevel Solution
Recently, a technological breakthrough has provided a simple and effective solution for lifting and leveling concrete slabs. Polylevel™ is a lightweight, strong high-density polyurethane foam that is pumped beneath concrete slabs through tiny ports about the size of a penny. Initially, Polylevel flows like water, filling even the smallest cracks and crevices in the soil. It quickly expands and hardens, lifting the concrete slabs above it and compressing the soil around it at the same time. Polylevel is waterproof, so it will never wash out, and it won’t degrade over time due to temperature extremes. Best of all, Polylevel cures quickly, allowing your concrete to be used normally the same day.
Traditional Concrete Lifting
Before Polylevel, there used to be two basic options for lifting and leveling concrete: mudjacking and slab replacement. Both approaches have limitations and disadvantages.
- Can be extremely messy
- Leaves large and obvious patched holes in your concrete
- Is extremely heavy, which can result in more sunken and cracked concrete down the road
- Can be expensive
- Is disruptive — concrete slabs can take days or even weeks to cure
- Involves pouring new concrete over bad soil, which only delays future problems
- Can leave an unsightly patchwork of old and new concrete
- A lightweight solution that does not further compromise existing soil
- An environmentally friendly material that will not degrade over time
- Polyurethane foam is waterproof and won’t wash out
- High capacity allows for lifting of heavy loads
- Cures quickly — concrete can be used in hours, not weeks
To lift and level your concrete, contact us today for a free inspection.