Even though it’s not technically inside your home, it can be easy to forget about your crawl space. During the winter, they need extra maintenance to make sure you avoid bigger, more expensive issues down the road. Crawl space winterization can help you avoid frozen or burst pipes, as well as help with temperature control.
Our repairs solve your cold weather problems:
- Cold floors above the crawl space
- Cold drafts coming up from the crawl space
- High heating bills
- Cold crawl space ductwork that cools the heated air from your furnace
- Frozen pipes due to inadequate insulation
Contact Foundation Recovery Systems for your free inspection for crawl space winterization! Our sealing and insulating treatments improve home comfort and energy efficiency during the winter and all year round. We serve all of central Missouri and Eastern Kansas, including Kansas City, Columbia, Moberly, and Springfield.
Get Your FREE Inspection.Call Now!
Save on Utility Bills
Fiberglass insulation installed in the crawl space ceiling will not protect you from frozen pipes, cold floors, and high heating bills. Ductwork in a vented crawl space is another problem. Outside air and temperatures make your ducts cold in the winter and hot during the summer. This forces your HVAC system to work overtime to deliver air at the proper temperature, cutting system efficiency by as much as 25-40 percent.
Instead of worrying about your crawl space and making temporary repairs, let us permanently solve your cold weather problems. We don’t just winterize crawl space pipes or vents. Instead, we seal and winterize your entire crawl space foundation to bring your plumbing and heating system inside your home’s conditioned space.
Heres how our process works:
- Air seal & insulate the rim joist: A tremendous amount of heat is lost through the rim joist that rests on your crawl space foundation. We prevent frigid air from leaking in by sealing gaps around the perimeter of your foundation. Then we reduce conductive heat loss by insulating the rim joist with foam insulation.
- Insulate crawl space walls with rigid foam: We install high-performance ExTremeBloc™ rigid foam insulation against the crawl space walls. ExTremeBloc™ does what fiberglass can’t: it stops air leaks, never loses R-value, and can’t absorb or be damaged by moisture.
Dedicated to your home. Dedicated to you.
At Foundation Recovery Systems, we have been helping homeowners solve their home repair needs since 1992. We are dedicated to keeping your crawl space protected and energy-efficient. For your free crawl space winterization inspection, contact us today!